Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year

"How we spend our day is, of course, how we spend our lives"
Annie Dillard

New Years Day just wouldn't be complete without a few New Years Resolutions :
1) Well, considering my blog has been unattended to for 4 months, I suppose I'd better start by committing to updating it at least once per week. It's a good way of talking to yourself without anyone thinking you're nuts.
2) New Years Day is always special - a fresh start, a time to review past achievements & set out new ones. Yet everyday given to us is special, a time to enjoy our families & friends & yet the busyness of life seems to often drain our time spent doing things we really want to do. So this year I am going to try to make the 1st day of every month an extra special day - a day for a special dinner with tablecloth, candles, flowers & invite someone over for dinner who I wouldn't otherwise take the time to have. So watch out - it might be you!
3) To be on time or even early for any necessary appointments. (No snide comments allowed). This is probably the hardest one.
4) To drag IB out for a walk everyday & refuse to accept any excuses from her for not doing so!!!
5) To reach my target weight of 9st 10lb by the end of the year.

The list could go on but I'll leave some for next year, if I'm still alive & kicking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip hooray Dot! You are back on track!

'It's a good way of talking to yourself without anyone thinking you're nuts.'

That is so funny!

3) 'To be on time or even early for any necessary appointments. (No snide comments allowed). This is probably the hardest one.'

Can identify with this...so we can help each other out! We were half an hour late for Sunday School the other week!

Dot said...

I decided when I posted the 'dinner' one that the 1st person to post a comment would be the 1st person I'd invite to dinner - so are you doing anything 1/2/2008? Not sure what day it is but let me know - Dot

Anonymous said...

Thankyou Dot that would be lovely! Think it's a Thurs!

n

Anonymous said...

just glad you're still alive and kicking!!

Wish I lived closer for the walk.... I need it!!

{Yielding not to temptation on the snide comment;-)}

Dot said...

Naomi - does Thurs suit ok - I can bend the rules & have you on the Friday if you prefer.

Elaine - You're 2nd - March 1st? I'll have the whole year booked up before I know it!!

Anonymous said...

On my Calendar 1 February IS a Friday!!

1st March - yea that would suit pity for you though as 1st March is a Saturday and we eat
BIG on Saturdays ;-)

Dot said...

Typical Naomi - she's probably using last years calendar!!

Eating big - maybe I'll do frogs legs & octopus soup??