Wednesday 2 January 2008

Goats, cat, turkeys.




Mischief & Rosie (2 goats) arrived at the beginning of Sept for Mick's Birthday.

Bobby (fat, ginger, non-mouse catching, tail-less , lazy tomcat) was bought from the animal sanctuary in Antrim. Don't know how the kids managed this one as I dislike cats & he's a particularly nasty tiger. He gets thrown out every morning & within 10 mins is purring at the door to get in again. If he made an attempt to chase mice I might have grown to like him. At the moment it's a battle of wills & if I don't win he's out on his ear. Turkeys - was going to put a photo of them on but since they've been & gone thought it was pointless. We got them from a commercial place at 12 weeks & reared them for Christmas. Fed 100% organic feed & totally free-range I thought they would make a good dinner - they were just as bland & tasteless as any other turkey. As a chef on TV before Christmas said, " They're ugly when they're living, ugly when they're dead & worse when they're cooked". I'm inclined to agree with him but never being one to quit I'm going to buy some Bronze in the Spring & try them. If they're not tasty then it'll be fillet steak for Christmas from now on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dot I hope you don't mind but I've 'carded' you over at my blog. Check it out when you get a moment.
Ta.

N