Tuesday 14 August 2007

My Favourite House


No I haven't lost my marbles just yet. It is in a state of disrepair but it's situated in one of the most beautiful & rugged locations in Donegal. In the winter it would be completely desolate (actually in the summer it could be desolate too) & it's not up for sale but every summer I drive around Atlantic drive & look to see if anyone has done anything with it. It's obviously over 100 years old & how anyone lived there in those days is hard to imagine. Even now it's quite isolated but when transport & roads were inadequate it just makes me wonder how stark life must have been. Must try to find out more about it's history next time we're there.

There are just hundreds of miles of sea between it & America.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Views are great.It would be scary in the winter knowing what its like round here in the winter.It would be a good holiday home. I know you would love it, not me! A bit lonely for me.

IB

Anonymous said...

I think it might need a little work on the roof Dot ;-)

Anonymous said...

I always think it's amazing to think when you are looking out from the Atlantic coast that us and America are separated by the same sea.
It does look lovely!