Tuesday 28 August 2007

Mommy, Teach Me

With schools starting back next week, I've been trying to prepare myself for back to 'homeschool'. I've read some good books over the years but it always helps to freshen ones mind with new material. While browsing I came across 2 sites which I liked - www.mommyteachme.net & www.mommylife.net . I ordered both 'Mommy, Teach Me' & 'Mommy, Teach Me to Read' from www.Amazon.co.uk . I'm reading both at the same time (as one does) & they've been an inspiration for me. They're the type of book I wish I'd read years ago (as with most home education books) as if I'd known there was such a thing as home ed when I had my 1st 2 children I would never have sent them to preschool or school. There are still folk out there in N. Ireland who don't know that they can teach their children at home & can do so with very little difficulty. There is nothing mystical about being a teacher & regardless of what teachers think it's not only teachers who can teach. Check out the above sites if you get a chance & take time to read the 'My Story' section in the latter one.

'THE RIGHT PATH IS THE ONE THAT WHISPERS EVEN WHEN THE REST OF THE WORLD IS SHOUTING ABOUT ANOTHER'
Barbara Curtis (Author of above books)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dot I've heard of some of those Barbara Curtis books before, I think it was off another blog.

Hope your enjoying being back at school.